S Youzba

Default Why does word close when I close a document?

This has been a lingering problem. Everytime I have more than one document
open in Word 2000, if I close one document, the entire program encounters a
problem and must shut down. This seems to have occured after I upgraded from
ME OS to XP Pro. I have tried to reload Office completely and have
downloaded and installed all updates. Any clue of how this can be fixed or
what is causing the problem. BTW, it does not happen in Excel, or Powerpoint.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

The usual cause is a corrupted normal.dot or corrupted registry entries.
Take a look here for possible troubleshooting steps:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"S Youzba" wrote in message
This has been a lingering problem. Everytime I have more than one
document
open in Word 2000, if I close one document, the entire program encounters
problem and must shut down. This seems to have occured after I upgraded
from
ME OS to XP Pro. I have tried to reload Office completely and have
downloaded and installed all updates. Any clue of how this can be fixed
or
what is causing the problem. BTW, it does not happen in Excel, or
Powerpoint.

S Youzba

Herb, thanks for the input, but I tried these fixes and the problem still
exists. None of the problems in the document you suggested really described
my problem since I can operate within Word just fine unitl I try to close the
document(s). As soon as any single document is closed (or even if only one
document is open) the program terminates with the message from Microsoft that
the program has encountered a problem and must close, then asks if I want to
send an error report. I have sent dozens of these reports, but have quit
doing so since it does not seem to trigger any responses or help topics on
their web site. Any other suggestions?

"S Youzba" wrote in message
This has been a lingering problem. Everytime I have more than one
document
open in Word 2000, if I close one document, the entire program encounters
problem and must shut down. This seems to have occured after I upgraded
from
ME OS to XP Pro. I have tried to reload Office completely and have
downloaded and installed all updates. Any clue of how this can be fixed
or
what is causing the problem. BTW, it does not happen in Excel, or
Powerpoint.

S Youzba

Thanks for the input, but this was not present when I went to remove it from
my Regional and Language Options. The problem occurs when I close one
document, it causes the program to terminate. It does not matter if I have
many documents open or just one, if I close one, it says that the program has
encountered a problem and must close. Any other suggestions?

"S Youzba" wrote in message
This has been a lingering problem. Everytime I have more than one
document
open in Word 2000, if I close one document, the entire program

encounters
problem and must shut down. This seems to have occured after I

upgraded
from
ME OS to XP Pro. I have tried to reload Office completely and have
downloaded and installed all updates. Any clue of how this can be

fixed
or
what is causing the problem. BTW, it does not happen in Excel, or
Powerpoint.

Daiya Mitchell

On 12/27/04 2:27 PM, "S Youzba" wrote:

then asks if I want to
send an error report. I have sent dozens of these reports, but have quit
doing so since it does not seem to trigger any responses or help topics on
their web site.

Instead, try enjoying the feeling of MS's servers being hammered by error
reports from all over the world, as motivation for sending these. If we all
send enough, it costs them money.

DM