Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Prez8983

Default How do I get rid of the last page of my resume?

I thought I could upload the file, but it looks like I will just have to
describe my problem. I created my resume using a microsoft word
template. The resume was divided vertically by a line towards the left
hand side that allowed me to include some extra personal information
about myself. The only problem was that it continued onto the next
page and I can not delete it with out deleting the whole line.

I hope this makes sense without seeing it. Any ideas? It makes it
look like I do not know what I am doing with computers when I send in a
resume with two pages and nothing but a line on the second page.

Thanks in advance!

--
Prez8983

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Prez8983

Suzanne,

Thank you for getting back to me. I followed your directions and it
does should that I have a table on the second page. I tried to "delete
entire row" and it deletes the whole resume. Am I not doing something
right?

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Display table gridlines (Table | Show Gridlines). Most likely you have
at
least one extra table row on the second page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Prez8983" wrote in message

I thought I could upload the file, but it looks like I will just have
describe my problem. I created my resume using a microsoft word
template. The resume was divided vertically by a line towards the
left
hand side that allowed me to include some extra personal information
about myself. The only problem was that it continued onto the next
page and I can not delete it with out deleting the whole line.

I hope this makes sense without seeing it. Any ideas? It makes it
look like I do not know what I am doing with computers when I send in
resume with two pages and nothing but a line on the second page.

Thanks in advance!

--
Prez8983

--
Prez8983
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unless nested tables are involved, it sounds like you've got several
paragraphs in the same row. Try deleting just the one (empty) paragraph
that's throwing the second page. But be aware that there will be an empty
paragraph following the table as well; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

"Prez8983" wrote in message

I thought I could upload the file, but it looks like I will just have
describe my problem. I created my resume using a microsoft word
template. The resume was divided vertically by a line towards the
left
hand side that allowed me to include some extra personal information
about myself. The only problem was that it continued onto the next
page and I can not delete it with out deleting the whole line.

I hope this makes sense without seeing it. Any ideas? It makes it
look like I do not know what I am doing with computers when I send in
resume with two pages and nothing but a line on the second page.

Thanks in advance!

--
Prez8983

--
Prez8983

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Prez8983

Suzanne,

Looks like we are getting somewhere. I displayed the markings and
there were two paragraph marking (which I made to point one font) and
they "disappeared". There were also two small white circles encased in
a black square hugging the vertical line that continues onto the second
page that I want to get rid of. I could not do anything with them.
Does this information help?

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Display table gridlines (Table | Show Gridlines). Most likely you
have
at
least one extra table row on the second page.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Prez8983" wrote in
message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Please refer to http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for
an explanation of these characters. The marks you describe are the
end-of-cell and end-of-row markers. You should be able to backspace from the
point before the EOC marker to delete the paragraph mark of the preceding
paragraph (that is, the last paragraph in the cell/table should end with an
EOC marker, not a paragraph mark). Any other extraneous paragraph marks can
also be deleted aside from a single one (you don't need two) following the
table.