Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shusheng Li Shusheng Li is offline

Default Upgrade to 2007 from 2003, Spell Checker object not working

hi,
We have a .Net application uses spell checker object to do spell checking.
We used 2003 inter-op dll to do that. It works perfectly when 2003 word
installed. But when we upgrade to 2007 word Beta, spell checker doesn't work
any more. It says it needs 2003 office installed. I was thinking 2007 will be
compatible with 2003. It looks like word object 2007 provides is different
from 2003. How can we fix this make it work with 2007.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?U2h1c2hlbmcgTGk=?=,

We have a .Net application uses spell checker object to do spell checking.
We used 2003 inter-op dll to do that. It works perfectly when 2003 word
installed. But when we upgrade to 2007 word Beta, spell checker doesn't work
any more. It says it needs 2003 office installed. I was thinking 2007 will be
compatible with 2003. It looks like word object 2007 provides is different
from 2003. How can we fix this make it work with 2007.

Note that you've posted in a group targeted for end-users. Another time, the
word.programming or the office.automation groups might be a better choice :-)

Could you post the code concerned with the spell check you're doing (and any
related information about objects etc. being used so everything is clear)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)