Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Philip Philip is offline

Default Copy and Paste have stopped working

Copy and paste in my word (2003) seems to have stopped working, i cant copy
charts in from excel or tect from one word document to another.

the documents are not protected and i have no other problems

any ideas ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGhpbGlw?=,

Copy and paste in my word (2003) seems to have stopped working, i cant copy
charts in from excel or tect from one word document to another.

the documents are not protected and i have no other problems

All reports of this nature in the last year or so have been due to a
third-party software interfering with the workings of the Clipboard. Try
starting Windows in Safe Mode and see if the problem goes away while in that
mode. If it does, you need to start locking out things that load with Windows
until you isolate the culprit.

If Windows Safe Mode doesn't change anything, hold down CTRL when starting
Word to put that into Safe Mode and see if you can copy paste within Word. If
you can, it means you have some kind of Addin for Word or Office that's a
problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Philip Philip is offline

Thanks Cindy, that sounds like the culprit. Its a work computer so i wont
get a chance to try it again until Monday.

I have the same add-ins on my laptop but im running office-07b and thats fine.

thanks for the advice.

Philip

Hi ?B?UGhpbGlw?=,