businesswriter

Default How do I stop editted Word docs from showing all corrections?

I've recently updated my computer and my old, shared Word documents are now
opening with all previous corrections, which makes them difficult to edit.
I'm not very good at formatting new docs so, I'd really like to continue
using the ones that have already been created (by someone else.) thanks

It sounds as if you are using Word 2002 and 2003, and your documents are
opening in the Final Showing Markup view. If you don't want to see the
markup, you can switch to Final, but be aware that this doesn't actually
remove the markup. If you want to accept the changes and move forward, click
the arrow next to the Accept Change button on the Reviewing toolbar and
choose Accept All Changes in Document on the menu. And if you don't want new
corrections to be marked, turn off Track Changes.

"businesswriter" wrote in message
I've recently updated my computer and my old, shared Word documents are

now
opening with all previous corrections, which makes them difficult to edit.
I'm not very good at formatting new docs so, I'd really like to continue
using the ones that have already been created (by someone else.) thanks

businesswriter

thanks for the info. yes it's newly installed word 2003, and before that it
was Works when the problem started. never happened with word 2000.
when in final without markup view, pretty much all of the content
disappears, but original without markup at least has the correct formatting.
will try to work with that and add my new content.
i think i'll have to spend some time learning this new program.