Ed Hall 61

Default Syntax for Number format in the Text Form Field Options

What is the syntax for Number format in the Text Form Field Options?

I am familiar with the syntax for custom formats in Excel 2002/2003 (i.e.:
positive format; negative format; zero format; text format).

The number format in the Text Form Field Options does not seem to follow
that same general syntax.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RWQgSGFsbCA2MQ==?=,

What is the syntax for Number format in the Text Form Field Options?

I am familiar with the syntax for custom formats in Excel 2002/2003 (i.e.:
positive format; negative format; zero format; text format).

The number format in the Text Form Field Options does not seem to follow
that same general syntax.

It does follow a similar syntax, but not all options are allowed in that
field in later versions of Word. Is this a data-entry field, or a calculation
field?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Ed Hall 61

Hi Cindy,
The field to which I refer is a calculation field but I would be interested
in knowing the syntax for regular text and number fields as well.

Thank you,
Ed Hall
Monroe, Louisiana, USA

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RWQgSGFsbCA2MQ==?=,

What is the syntax for Number format in the Text Form Field Options?

I am familiar with the syntax for custom formats in Excel 2002/2003 (i.e.:
positive format; negative format; zero format; text format).

The number format in the Text Form Field Options does not seem to follow
that same general syntax.

It does follow a similar syntax, but not all options are allowed in that
field in later versions of Word. Is this a data-entry field, or a calculation
field?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RWQgSGFsbCA2MQ==?=,

The field to which I refer is a calculation field but I would be interested
in knowing the syntax for regular text and number fields as well.

For non-calculation fields you'd need to use an "Exit" macro to provide formatting
that's not part of the standard options.

For a calculation field, you leave the "Format" field blank, and add the format at
the end of the formula. Roughly, like this:

= qty1*price \# "0.00,-0.00,''"

What is the syntax for Number format in the Text Form Field Options?

I am familiar with the syntax for custom formats in Excel 2002/2003 (i.e.:
positive format; negative format; zero format; text format).

The number format in the Text Form Field Options does not seem to follow
that same general syntax.

It does follow a similar syntax, but not all options are allowed in that
field in later versions of Word. Is this a data-entry field, or a calculation
field?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Enter data in 1 text form field & have multiple locations fill Lee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 11:56 PM
Form fields in frames - can I format the text (ie bold, italic)? La La Lara Microsoft Word Help 3 January 28th 05 04:09 PM
How do I format text I have already typed in a form field? nrthnjewl1967 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 04:40 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 07:17 PM