Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John

Default handwriting recognition

I am running tablet pc edition 2005, and office 2003, both fully updated. My
language bar only has speech options. When I check add/remove for office
2003, under alternative user input there is only speech available, it doesn't
give me the option to install handwriting. Below this there is the
handwriting component which is intalled. Yet I can not get handwriting
recognition on the language bar so I can use it with word. thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day John,

Strictly speaking, the Language Tools are part of Windows.

In Control Panel, start:
Regional and Language Options
Languages (tab)
Details... (button)
Add... (button) ...

....and add Handwriting Recognition.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"John" wrote in message
I am running tablet pc edition 2005, and office 2003, both fully updated. My
language bar only has speech options. When I check add/remove for office
2003, under alternative user input there is only speech available, it doesn't
give me the option to install handwriting. Below this there is the
handwriting component which is intalled. Yet I can not get handwriting
recognition on the language bar so I can use it with word. thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John

not that easy, it is greyed out, I installed everything (entire CD) for
office 2003, handwriting still not an option under alternative input. Can't
add from control panel. Not a rookie, someting else is wrong.

"John" wrote in message
I am running tablet pc edition 2005, and office 2003, both fully updated. My
language bar only has speech options. When I check add/remove for office
2003, under alternative user input there is only speech available, it doesn't
give me the option to install handwriting. Below this there is the
handwriting component which is intalled. Yet I can not get handwriting
recognition on the language bar so I can use it with word. thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day John,

Please check:
Control Panel
Add/Remove Programs
Microsoft Office 2003 - CHANGE
'Add or Remove Features...' Check/Next
'Advanced Customization...' Check the box/Next
' Office Shared Features' Expand

Is 'Microsoft Handwriting Component' installed?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard