Janice

Default Setting tab stops on a table/form

I have a word document with a table on it. It is 6 columns and 30 rows. I
have fields in in approximately 65 cells I want to set the tab order to go
to....
column 2 then 3 repeat to the bottom of the page then go to column 5 then 6
and down the page to then. I am experienced with VB, VBA.
I would build an access/vb app. but my users don't want that they like the
word document.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmFuaWNl?=,

I have a word document with a table on it. It is 6 columns and 30 rows. I
have fields in in approximately 65 cells I want to set the tab order to go
to....
column 2 then 3 repeat to the bottom of the page then go to column 5 then 6
and down the page to then. I am experienced with VB, VBA.
I would build an access/vb app. but my users don't want that they like the
word document.

Well, Word isn't designed to work this way...

The "simplist" approach would be to split off cols 5 & 6 from the table.
Create newspaper columns (Format columns) in the document (you'll probably
need to insert a section break before and after the table in order to do this
for just the table area). Insert a column break after the table with cols 1 -
4, then paste cols 5 & 6 in the second column.

The other approach would be to use macros, which can be very laborious. You
should find an article discussing the basics of this on word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org