Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juergen Juergen is offline

Default is there an easy way to convert word 2007 compatibility mode doc.

I would like to have my Word document saved in a format that will make it
readable on another machine running an earlier version of Word. I save the
document created in Word 2007 in compatability mode in order to ensure its
accessability from a central repository of documents by filename.

I now want to convert the saved document to HTML format, allowing me to
retain both formats of the document in the same folder.

Am I able to use Word to do this conversion, and if so, what steps would I
need to take from within the compatibilty ode document to accomplish the
goal?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not clear what you're asking. On the one hand, the subject line asks if
there's an easy way. On the other hand, your message says you're already
doing it.

On the chance that I'm misinterpreting... you can save any document in Word
97-2003 compatibility mode. Click the Office button (upper left corner),
then click Save As. Set Save as type: to the desired format, and click Save.

You can also tell Word to save in Word 97-2003 format (or any other format)
by default. Office button - Word Options - Save tab - set Save files in this
format to the desired format.

To save in HTML format (keeping in mind that at its very best, Word's HTML
is a bit bloated and messy), click Office button - Save As - and choose one
of the web formats. Web page filtered is a bit better. Mht will give you a
single file (useful if there are pictures, etc. that you want incorporated
into that single file).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Juergen" wrote in message
I would like to have my Word document saved in a format that will make it
readable on another machine running an earlier version of Word. I save the
document created in Word 2007 in compatability mode in order to ensure its
accessability from a central repository of documents by filename.

I now want to convert the saved document to HTML format, allowing me to
retain both formats of the document in the same folder.

Am I able to use Word to do this conversion, and if so, what steps would I
need to take from within the compatibilty ode document to accomplish the
goal?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following macro in Word 2007 will save the current document in 2007 docx
format and doc format in the same folder. If you do really mean html, then
change the fileformat to wdFormatHTML and the extension to htm

Sub SaveToTwoFileTypes()
Dim pPathName As String
With ActiveDocument
..Save
pPathName = Left$(.FullName, (Len(.FullName) - 4))
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=pPathName & "doc",
FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument97
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=pPathName & "docx",
FileFormat:=wdFormatDocumentDefault
End With
End Sub