jnrdextras

Default How do I correctly print on custom size paper?

I tried to print to a custom sized piece of paper (5.5 x 8 inches), but the
text came out looking like it was centered on what the printer thought was a
8.5 x 11 piece of paper. In other words, the left margin of the printed text
was about 2 inches from the edge of the paper. It looked correct in Print
Preview, but when it printed, all the text was shifted 2 inches to the right.
How can I get the text to print so the left margin of the text is correctly
aligned with the left edge of the paper?
OS = XP
Word 2003
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?am5yZGV4dHJhcw==?=,

Word can create any paper size, within the maximum supported limit. But not all
printers support custom paper sizes; that's probably what you're struggling
with. In such a situation, I choose the next largest paper size, then change the
margins so that, when it prints out on the custom paper (placed in the manual
feed), everything is in the correct place.

I tried to print to a custom sized piece of paper (5.5 x 8 inches), but the
text came out looking like it was centered on what the printer thought was a
8.5 x 11 piece of paper. In other words, the left margin of the printed text
was about 2 inches from the edge of the paper. It looked correct in Print
Preview, but when it printed, all the text was shifted 2 inches to the right.
How can I get the text to print so the left margin of the text is correctly
aligned with the left edge of the paper?
OS = XP
Word 2003

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

How to print multiple pages/sheet correctly in Word Ron Microsoft Word Help 5 February 4th 05 05:02 AM
custom label page size in mail merge (on a mac) Beee Mailmerge 1 January 7th 05 05:56 AM
Setting custom size problem Bob S Page Layout 0 December 24th 04 03:25 PM
custom size paper sdcat Page Layout 3 December 23rd 04 09:53 PM
Problems with booklet printing in Word 2002 J_Keim Page Layout 1 December 1st 04 03:04 PM