CLARASOL

Default Why I cannot find my documents when I type a key word?

I have many documents stored in Word, when I try to find all the documents,
for example, with a key word, Word do no display any document at all. I have
to search for it one by one. I am using Word (Office Proffesional)
Clara
CyberTaz

Do the docs have Keywords entered as a part of their Properties
(FileProperties--Summary)? Keywords don't just 'happen', they have to be
specified.

It sounds like you might be mistaking a Keyword Search for a Content Search.

HTH |:)

On 8/17/05 1:11 PM, in article
, "CLARASOL"
wrote:

I have many documents stored in Word, when I try to find all the documents,
for example, with a key word, Word do no display any document at all. I have
to search for it one by one. I am using Word (Office Proffesional)
Clara

PopS

:
: wrote:
:
: I have many documents stored in Word, when I try to find all
the documents,
: for example, with a key word, Word do no display any document
at all. I have
: to search for it one by one. I am using Word (Office
Proffesional)
: Clara
:

Or the user is using an incorrect delimiter separator between
keywords?

Pop

CLARASOL

No, it is as simple as you go to File and then open, and you type a word,
that you know has within the name of the file you have previosly stored.
I just want to look for that file, like you usually do.
I know it is weird, but it just happens.
Thanks,
clarasol

: wrote:
:
: I have many documents stored in Word, when I try to find all
the documents,
: for example, with a key word, Word do no display any document
at all. I have
: to search for it one by one. I am using Word (Office
Proffesional)
: Clara
:

Or the user is using an incorrect delimiter separator between
keywords?

Pop

Jay Freedman

When you type part of a file name in the Open dialog, type an asterisk (*)
before and after it and press the Enter key. For example, if you're looking
for all documents that have "report" in their file names, type this in the
File Name box:

*report*

Also be sure you have the "Files of type" box set correctly (either "Word
files" or "All files").

Your original post got answers you didn't want because you used the term
"key word". In MS Word, that term refers to a field in the File Properties
dialog, not to something in the file name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

I have many documents stored in Word, when I try to find all

the documents,
for example, with a key word, Word do no display any document

at all. I have
to search for it one by one. I am using Word (Office

Proffesional)
Clara

Or the user is using an incorrect delimiter separator between
keywords?

Pop

CLARASOL

Thanks a lot Jay, it worked!
yes I used keyword, thats why I was missunderstood.
Have a nice day!
Clarasol