Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rajkohli

Default Auto Text vs. Auto Correct

This is post is for everyone out there.

Autotext vs. Auto Correct
================

After reading your post, I have tried it very first time and I get imaging
results.
What I did is as follows?

Scenario
======
I want Word to whenever I write "Muskan" and put a space, it place my
daughter's picture instead.

Solution
=====
1. I insert my daughter's picture from Insert - Picture - From File
3. Then I open "Organize Clips" through Insert - Picture - Clip Art
4. From File menu, I choose - Add Clips to Organizer - On My Own
5. I browse for my daughter's picture which was in .JPEG format.
6. Then I insert the Clip Art (Snap of my daughter) in the Document.
7. Reduce the size according to requirement.
8. After that I select the picture and choose Tools - Auto Correct.
9. In the "Replace" box I type Muskan and in "With..." box my daughter's
picture was already there (because it was already selected) and Formatted
Text was already selected. I had used Auto Correct before only for Plain and
Special Formatted Symbols like "¼" but not for pictures.
10. Press Ok to save it.
11. To try it, I type Muskan and put a space. Imazingly it change to her
picture with the same size.

So whats the stuff is all about is?
Next time, whenever I will like to insert my favorite pictures again and
again. I only have to type the name.

Here is some more.
You can also add the same name in "Auto Text" entries to work much faster.

Your comments will highly be appreciated.

"rabbieburns" wrote:

How do I enter handwritten signatures in Word Autotext in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

See my response to your duplicate posts elsewhere.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"rabbieburns" wrote:

How do I enter handwritten signatures in Word Autotext in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rajkohli

are u following me. I already said "Sorry". I was just sharing the
information. Nothing else, i mean.

"rabbieburns" wrote:

How do I enter handwritten signatures in Word Autotext in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

In the Microsoft Word newsgroups it is considered bad form to post separate
messages to multiple newsgroups. If you need to post in more than one forum
(unusual) please post a single message with both forums in the header of
that single message. That way (1) your question and the various answers stay
together, (2) less space is used on the news servers, (3) less bandwidth is
used on the Internet, (4) you only have to check one forum for answers that
appear in both forums, and (5) you won't unnecessarily annoy the people you
are asking for help. This isn't meant to criticize you. We were all
beginners once and the only way to learn is to try. (BTW, a number of the
Microsoft newsgroups don't want posting in more than one newsgroup, period.
Check the FAQ.)

Take a look on the MVP FAQ website under "getting help" for more reasons ase
well as other suggestions for getting answers more easily and quickly.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FindHelp/Posting.htm

"rabbieburns" wrote:

How do I enter handwritten signatures in Word Autotext in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

No, I'm not following you. I read many of the newsgroups, as do others.

I agree with you that both AutoText and AutoCorrect are underutilized tools
in Word and it would be nice if more users were aware of both. For sharing
information, you might want to write your procedures out as a web page and
share it on the MVP FAQ site. (Or post pages of your own on your own site.)
Take a look at that site and the pages already there on AutoText and
AutoCorrect. Try to think of ways to improve what they say or examples along
the lines you are talking about. Here are three of those pages.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoCorrect.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

Although this is a site put together by the MVPs many of the contributions
on it come from others.

Note, I share your thoughts that it is good to post information here as a
proactive contribution to the community. I regularly post a FAQ page (which
is not welcomed by everyone). The primary way of posting proactively,
though, is to read questions and answer both the question which is asked and
that which would have been asked if the poster knew Word better. Your
response to a question on AutoText in the other newsgroup was an example of
doing that. You pointed out that you would use AutoCorrect to do what the
user was asking about and told the user how to do it. Such proactive answers
are generally far more welcome than unsolicited advice. I guess I would
advise waiting a while before doing anything more than answering questions.
--

"rabbieburns" wrote:

How do I enter handwritten signatures in Word Autotext in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rajkohli

Thanks a lot Charles. I highly appreciate your thoughts and comments. Next
time, I will take care of it. You people can write those things about which I
can imagine only. Once again, thanks for all of your comments and guidence.
May I have your email ID. So next time, I can ask you for more guidence, if
required.