Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Default Footnotes

I work in a law office. We do a lot of documents on double-spaced "pleading"
paper (lines numbered 1-28). We sometimes need to insert footnotes into our
documents, but if we change the formatting to single spacing, the footnote
sometimes splits itself onto two pages, rather than the "dividing line"
moving up and the entire footnote remaining on the same page. However, if we
leave the footnote double-spaced, it stays on the same page. Is there a
setting we need to change to be able to format the page so that the footnote
can be single spaced AND stay on one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

I tried "exact", without success. Any other hints ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Instead of using single/double spacing, you might try using Exactly line
spacing. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
news
I work in a law office. We do a lot of documents on double-spaced

"pleading"
paper (lines numbered 1-28). We sometimes need to insert footnotes into

our
documents, but if we change the formatting to single spacing, the

footnote
sometimes splits itself onto two pages, rather than the "dividing line"
moving up and the entire footnote remaining on the same page. However,

if
we
leave the footnote double-spaced, it stays on the same page. Is there a
setting we need to change to be able to format the page so that the

footnote
can be single spaced AND stay on one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Nothing that's not outlined in the referenced article, no.

"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
t...
[...]

How to enable Footnotes in Word 2003 when View Footnotes is OFF? Leechado Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 06 03:43 PM
Find should search text AND footnotes when starting in footnotes Ted Sichelman Microsoft Word Help 0 November 10th 05 07:42 PM
Footnotes BernBennett New Users 1 October 14th 05 05:09 PM
Adding new footnotes to old Doc starts new footnotes and doesn't do continuous J Pilet Page Layout 4 April 23rd 05 03:23 AM
How do you view only footnotes and/or make a list of footnotes? Secretary short on time. Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 09:50 PM