Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wm Morton Wm Morton is offline

Default Can't open docs in Word 2007

I'm having a lot of trouble opening documents in Word 2007 - both docs that
were originally created in Word 2003 and even a doc I was editing 2 days ago
in Word 2007. The error message says
"Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt.
Try one or more of the following:
* Open and Repair the file.
* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter."

I'm having no success with Open and Repair, even on the new docs that were
saved in 2007 two days ago. About 1/2 of my documents are experiencing this
problem, and I'm getting frustrated at my inability to work with Word
documents. What could cause something like this on so many docs?