Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

Default Best Search for Word2007 Questions

I have been reviewing the questions and answers using the Search term
"Word2007" in Office/Word/Drop down. I am only interested in resolving my
Word 2007 problems and specific word searches get too many old version
questions.
Is "Word2007" the best search criteria or is there a better or more generic
search that will get me more Word 2007 questions and responses.
--
Dave Robinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Try the following as an example:
"Word 2007" AND "title bar"

Enclose the exact words with ""; make sure AND is uppercase and is preceded
and followed by space.

"Dave Robinson" wrote:

I have been reviewing the questions and answers using the Search term
"Word2007" in Office/Word/Drop down. I am only interested in resolving my
Word 2007 problems and specific word searches get too many old version
questions.
Is "Word2007" the best search criteria or is there a better or more generic
search that will get me more Word 2007 questions and responses.
--
Dave Robinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

Thanks. This helps a bit.
But-- If I enter "Word 2007" in "Word", even my post does not come up.
What is the algorithim for Search?
Do you have to be in the specific sub category ("General Questions", etc)
for a search, or are all posts available in the "Word" category?
What does the " " do? Does this make the search look for the specific text
only in the Title of the postings OR does it look for the text in the title
and text of all the postings?
If I entered "2007" in "Word" for a search, would I get all the postings
related to Word 2007 or must I search in each sub-category?
--
Dave Robinson

"Dave Robinson" wrote:

I have been reviewing the questions and answers using the Search term
"Word2007" in Office/Word/Drop down. I am only interested in resolving my
Word 2007 problems and specific word searches get too many old version
questions.
Is "Word2007" the best search criteria or is there a better or more generic
search that will get me more Word 2007 questions and responses.
--
Dave Robinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Your question wouldn't come up if you are searching or titles as "Word 2007"
doesn't appear in your title. It is "Word2007". You might find it easier to
use these forums if you access the server directly - see
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm