Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jus jus is offline

Default Mail Merge - numbered list

I am merging a document. The last item on the document is item number 32 on a
numbered list. I can merge and print with no problem. However, when I edit
individual letters and save - the final saved/merged document sequentually
numbers each page as if it was a continuation from the previous.

In other words - the first merged letter ends at number 32 and the next
merged letter starts numbering the list at 33 and so on.

Each letter should have a numbered list 1 through 32, but instead, the last
letter numbered list ends with 500+

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What type of numbering are you using? What version of Word? I cannot
replicate that problem using a numbered list in Word 2007.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jus" wrote in message
I am merging a document. The last item on the document is item number 32 on
numbered list. I can merge and print with no problem. However, when I edit
individual letters and save - the final saved/merged document sequentually
numbers each page as if it was a continuation from the previous.

In other words - the first merged letter ends at number 32 and the next
merged letter starts numbering the list at 33 and so on.

Each letter should have a numbered list 1 through 32, but instead, the
last
letter numbered list ends with 500+

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jus jus is offline

Word 2007

I am merging answers to a series of questions -

Each record from the spreadsheet has identifying info (name, address) as
well as answers to 32 questions.

The document has questions 1-32 (numbered list)

The actual question #1 is on the document and I merge the answer from an
Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

merge is fine - each merged record accurately represents identifying info
and answers to questions 1 through 32.

There is no problem if I print the fully merged document.

Problem is when I save the fully-merged document. When I open the
saved/merged document, each record is there but the questions are now
numbered sequentially without any break between each record.

for example -
record#1....John Doe with questions 1 through 32
record#2....Jane Smith with questions 33-55 - and so on.

FYI - apparently the same thing happened with Word 2003 as well.

"jus" wrote in message
I am merging a document. The last item on the document is item number 32 on
numbered list. I can merge and print with no problem. However, when I edit
individual letters and save - the final saved/merged document sequentually
numbers each page as if it was a continuation from the previous.

In other words - the first merged letter ends at number 32 and the next
merged letter starts numbering the list at 33 and so on.

Each letter should have a numbered list 1 through 32, but instead, the
last
letter numbered list ends with 500+

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

With the mail merge main document as the active document, run a macro
containing the command

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

to convert the numbers in the numbered list to ordinary text.