Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
albert albert is offline

Default Trouble with emailmerge and images

Hi and thank you in advance for your excelent advice.
I'm trying to create an e-mail Merge that includes different pictures for
every recipient. I am using the IncludePicture field, but all recipients get
the same image. This is how I set up the field:
{IncludePicture {MERGEFIELD "IMAGE2"}}
Where "Image2" is the name of the column that includes the complete path
(including "\\") to the desired image for each recipient.
When I merge into a new document and update, the merge works fine. It only
fails when I merge to e-mail recipients.
Also, sometimes, when I save the Main Merge Document, the {MERGEFIELD
"IMAGE2"} link is removed and replaced by a link to one image.
Could you help me? I thank you in advance,
Alberto Cattan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are going to have to merge to a new document, update the
fields in that document and then split it into individual documents and then
email those as attachments to a mail merge.

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

and for splitting the mail merge,

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi and thank you in advance for your excelent advice.
I'm trying to create an e-mail Merge that includes different pictures for
every recipient. I am using the IncludePicture field, but all recipients
get
the same image. This is how I set up the field:
{IncludePicture {MERGEFIELD "IMAGE2"}}
Where "Image2" is the name of the column that includes the complete path
(including "\\") to the desired image for each recipient.
When I merge into a new document and update, the merge works fine. It only
fails when I merge to e-mail recipients.
Also, sometimes, when I save the Main Merge Document, the {MERGEFIELD
"IMAGE2"} link is removed and replaced by a link to one image.
Could you help me? I thank you in advance,
Alberto Cattan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
albert albert is offline

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a shot. However, that seems to be something that
needs to be fixed by microsoft, doesn't it? Doesn't sound right that the
e-mail merges do not update each field automatically.
Albert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Miles Miles is offline

Somebody's been paying attention: if you're using Word XP or better, you
might want to try a recent Word add-in which does away with all the Ctrl-A F9
stuff and lets you merge images straight to e-mail or the printer. It even

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
albert albert is offline

Its nice that they payed attention, but it's not too nice that they're
charging for it. They should give it to me free! After all, it was my idea!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Miles Miles is offline

I think the company's been selling that add-in for about a year, so maybe
they've been listening... to a psychic!