Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Niels M Niels M is offline

Default Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Pro

I have above program. Just bought new PC with Vista.
I seems to that I can not get my "old" program running at Vista.
Specially I use the tool to create PDF a lot.

Do any have a solution to get good old 4.0 Pro to run ?

Regards
Niels
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Acrobat 4 is incompatible with Word 2007 (there's a free to download
alternative from Microsoft)
I suspect it is probably incompatible with Windows Vista also, but you would
have to confirm with Adobe.
You need version 8.1.2 for Word 2007/Vista

Niels M wrote:
I have above program. Just bought new PC with Vista.
I seems to that I can not get my "old" program running at Vista.
Specially I use the tool to create PDF a lot.

Do any have a solution to get good old 4.0 Pro to run ?

Regards
Niels

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Niels M[_2_] Niels M[_2_] is offline

I was maybee not clear:
I am running Office Pro 2003 at PC with Vista. I wonder if any has found a
solution to run Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Pro to work with my officepackage.

Niels M wrote:
I have above program. Just bought new PC with Vista.
I seems to that I can not get my "old" program running at Vista.
Specially I use the tool to create PDF a lot.

Do any have a solution to get good old 4.0 Pro to run ?

Regards
Niels

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Niels,

The Acrobat Add-ins for Word 2003 should be Adobe v5.0.5 or higher, but also on Windows XP, there were some incompatibilities with
PDFMaker in versions older than Adobe v6. Now that you've added Vista to the mis, Acrobat v 8.1 is the first version that Adobe has
tested/identified as compatible with Vista.

You may want to check with the folks in the Acrobat forums at
http://acrobatusers.com for more details.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP