silkcushion

Default turn a word ducument from vertical to horizontal

o have had to compose a time sheet suited to my needs for work and I want to
turn the page horizantally (sideways) so that I can rule the page and make my
own columns. I've tried using page layout but it doesn't seem to have what I
want to help me.
Stefan Blom

To change page orientation: On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click
the Margins tab. Under Orientation, choose "Landscape".

For putting data in columns, there are two options, either newspaper
columns or table columns. For your purpose, a table seems appropriate.
To insert a table: On the Table menu, click Insert, and click Table.
Specify the desired number of columns and rows, and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"silkcushion" wrote in message
o have had to compose a time sheet suited to my needs for work and I
want to
turn the page horizantally (sideways) so that I can rule the page
and make my
own columns. I've tried using page layout but it doesn't seem to
have what I
want to help me.

silkcushion

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I have already tried this and it doesn't
solve my problem. Firstly I want to actually turn the word page around so
that the lines I have already put on the time sheet will face me vertically.
Now my dilemma is that I want to rule some more lines to define my colums
(6) of very different widths. The narrowest being 5mm, the largest 11cm. I
want to use my shift key and the underscore key. Sorry if this is confusing.
Is there a way that I can turn the page in the same manner one can turn a
picture at different angles?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Forget using the Shift key and the Underscore Key, unless you are using a
typewriter.

Start with a new document, change the page orientation to Landscape and then
insert a table with the necessary number of rows and columns, and adjust the
width of the columns and the height of the rows to suit your requirements.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP