Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Gracious Roy Gracious is offline

Default Hide Word 2007 Office Button

Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Let's not stop there, to hide nearly everything, do the following:

You can toggle a FULL SCREEN VIEW (not to be confused with the Full Screen
Reading view) in the current principal view but with no title bar, no
Microsoft Office Button, no Ribbon, no rulers and no status bar; the vertical
scroll bar will be visible by default as will any other panes

Just add Toggle Full Screen View to the Quick Access Toolbar from the
command well (Commands Not in the Ribbon or All Commands)

Only shortcut menus and the Mini Toolbar, which give you access to a broad
range of formatting commands, are available €“ just right click

Press ESC to return to whatever view you were in so that you can access the
Ribbon

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Gracious Roy Gracious is offline

Thanks for your suggestion. "Toggle Full Screen View" hides the ribbons also.
I have created a custom ribbon that I need to display but I don't want the
office menu button to be displayed. Is it possible to display a ribbon but
not the office button?

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Gracious Roy Gracious is offline

I have created a custom ribbon that has all the functionality required for
the user and I want the user to use only the commands available in the ribbon.
I was able to remove most of the commands from the office button (FileNew,
FileOpen, FileSave) and disable other (word options, exit word) but I am
unable to hide the recently used file (I was able to do remove and restore
the most recently used files by modifying the registry but this is not a
feasible solution since in our application we cannot modify the users
registry).

I don't want the user to open the office button and open other word
documents (from the most recently used file list) when working on the current
document. That's why I am trying to hide or disable the office button. Is it
possible to do this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Why would you even want to?

Roy Gracious wrote:
Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Not to my knowledge.

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

I have created a custom ribbon that has all the functionality required for
the user and I want the user to use only the commands available in the ribbon.
I was able to remove most of the commands from the office button (FileNew,
FileOpen, FileSave) and disable other (word options, exit word) but I am
unable to hide the recently used file (I was able to do remove and restore
the most recently used files by modifying the registry but this is not a
feasible solution since in our application we cannot modify the users
registry).

I don't want the user to open the office button and open other word
documents (from the most recently used file list) when working on the current
document. That's why I am trying to hide or disable the office button. Is it
possible to do this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Why would you even want to?

Roy Gracious wrote:
Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swje swje is offline

Hi, Roy:
I have the same problem with you, we need to take over Word 2007 Office
Button,we learned so little on 2007,would you please show the way on how to
remove most of the commands from the office button (FileNew, FileOpen,
FileSave) ?
Thanks for your help.

Scott

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

I have created a custom ribbon that has all the functionality required for
the user and I want the user to use only the commands available in the ribbon.
I was able to remove most of the commands from the office button (FileNew,
FileOpen, FileSave) and disable other (word options, exit word) but I am
unable to hide the recently used file (I was able to do remove and restore
the most recently used files by modifying the registry but this is not a
feasible solution since in our application we cannot modify the users
registry).

I don't want the user to open the office button and open other word
documents (from the most recently used file list) when working on the current
document. That's why I am trying to hide or disable the office button. Is it
possible to do this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Why would you even want to?

Roy Gracious wrote:
Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Gracious Roy Gracious is offline

Hi Scott -
The link below has the steps to do this.

http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/sh...Number=1423199

Good Luck.

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

I have created a custom ribbon that has all the functionality required for
the user and I want the user to use only the commands available in the ribbon.
I was able to remove most of the commands from the office button (FileNew,
FileOpen, FileSave) and disable other (word options, exit word) but I am
unable to hide the recently used file (I was able to do remove and restore
the most recently used files by modifying the registry but this is not a
feasible solution since in our application we cannot modify the users
registry).

I don't want the user to open the office button and open other word
documents (from the most recently used file list) when working on the current
document. That's why I am trying to hide or disable the office button. Is it
possible to do this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Why would you even want to?

Roy Gracious wrote:
Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swje swje is offline

Hi Roy,
Thanks for your great help.

Scott

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

I have created a custom ribbon that has all the functionality required for
the user and I want the user to use only the commands available in the ribbon.
I was able to remove most of the commands from the office button (FileNew,
FileOpen, FileSave) and disable other (word options, exit word) but I am
unable to hide the recently used file (I was able to do remove and restore
the most recently used files by modifying the registry but this is not a
feasible solution since in our application we cannot modify the users
registry).

I don't want the user to open the office button and open other word
documents (from the most recently used file list) when working on the current
document. That's why I am trying to hide or disable the office button. Is it
possible to do this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Why would you even want to?