Ric

Default Word 2003 tends to keep the last printer i printed to as a default

It just happend with Word. I have one local printer and few network printer.
My local printer is my default printer. When i print from any printer word
tends to keep the last printer it printed from as the default printer to
print the next print job.
Please help me to fix this.
Anne Troy

That's how it works. Maybe you ought to have a macro to flip between
printers. Try this:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Ric" wrote in message
It just happend with Word. I have one local printer and few network

printer.
My local printer is my default printer. When i print from any printer word
tends to keep the last printer it printed from as the default printer to
print the next print job.
Please help me to fix this.

BarryJC

That's how it works until Word is closed, which is fine. But...

In Word 2000 if the programme was re-opened the printer was set to the
default printer.

In Word 2003 if the programme is re-opened it still keeps the last printer
used. This gives rise to a lot of wasted pre-printed paper in our office as
people expect to use the default when starting Word.

We can create macros to select the printer but it should not be necessary.

BarryJC