Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Faye Faye is offline

Default Tabs and Indents

How do I format a paragraph with some text that is "tabbed/indented" and some
that is not? The first few lines of the paragraph should be indented, but
the remaining lines are to align at the left margin.
--
Faye

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Faye wrote:
Thanks! How do I insert the line breaks?

Press Shift+Enter. If you have formatting marks showing you'll see a
graphic that looks like the graphic on the Enter key (at least on my
Dell Latitude); it's a left-pointing arrow with a up-jog on the right end.

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Faye Faye is offline

When I enter the line breaks and try to insert a tab in the next line, all of
the text automatically shifts to the right -- which is not what I'm looking
for. In previous versions of Word, I was able to highlight only the portion
of a paragraph that I wanted to reformat. It looks like it is no longer
possible to do that. . . unless I'm missing something. I'm using Word 2007.

--
Faye

"djprius" wrote:

Faye wrote:
Thanks! How do I insert the line breaks?

Press Shift+Enter. If you have formatting marks showing you'll see a
graphic that looks like the graphic on the Enter key (at least on my
Dell Latitude); it's a left-pointing arrow with a up-jog on the right end.

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to disable the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and
backspaces" option. I'm not sure exactly where this is found in Word 2007;
in Word 2003 it's on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect
Options.

"djprius" wrote:

Faye wrote:
Thanks! How do I insert the line breaks?

Press Shift+Enter. If you have formatting marks showing you'll see a
graphic that looks like the graphic on the Enter key (at least on my
Dell Latitude); it's a left-pointing arrow with a up-jog on the right

end.

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mahesh mahesh is offline

Hi ,

I have some text in notepad , now i need to import only text , and how to
give equivalent for SHIFT+ENTER in word inside a notepad . Is it possible to
replace all by searching for a specific set of characters ...

Thanks,
Mahehs