Chuck W

Default Breaking up multi-page document into several documents

Hi,

I receive a word document every week that has about 10
pages to it. Each page is a sales reps weekly sales.
What I want to do is to separate this into separate
documents. Specifically, I want each page to be a
separate document. Is there any way to do this besides
doing a buch of deleting before and after each page that
I want? In other words is there any program out there
that will separate a word document into many documents?

Thanks,

Chuck
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Chuck,

I receive a word document every week that has about 10
pages to it. Each page is a sales reps weekly sales.
What I want to do is to separate this into separate
documents. Specifically, I want each page to be a
separate document. Is there any way to do this besides
doing a buch of deleting before and after each page that
I want? In other words is there any program out there
that will separate a word document into many documents?

I'm not aware of any product, although there may be some
out there. But if the document uses Heading styles (Heading
1), you can use the Master Document feature to do this
relatively quickly and easily (and a macro would make it
even faster).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)