Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AWIcurrent AWIcurrent is offline

Default Filtered HTML only partially does the job. Can I save that in ASC

I get the feeling based on cutting and pasting into notepad, that the
filtered HTML is saved in Unicode. This seems to cause some problems when we
email that to various different products. For example " gets changed to an A
with a circumflex in OUTLOOK. But if we go into the HTML and cut and paste
it to notepad, and then go and change the characters to their correct format
and finally save this as an ascii document, everything works OK.

This is a big pain in the neck. So the question is, can we tell Word to
Ascii and not unicode when it saves the filtered HTML?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Tools=Options=General=[Web Options]=Encoding you can set the character set attribute.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AWIcurrent AWIcurrent is offline

Default Filtered HTML only partially does the job. Can I save that in

Your solution looks good for Word 2003 but I could not find where the tools
are in Word 2007.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

In Tools=Options=General=[Web Options]=Encoding you can set the character set attribute.

===========
"AWIcurrent" wrote in message ...
I get the feeling based on cutting and pasting into notepad, that the
filtered HTML is saved in Unicode. This seems to cause some problems when we
email that to various different products. For example " gets changed to an A
with a circumflex in OUTLOOK. But if we go into the HTML and cut and paste
it to notepad, and then go and change the characters to their correct format
and finally save this as an ascii document, everything works OK.

This is a big pain in the neck. So the question is, can we tell Word to
Ascii and not unicode when it saves the filtered HTML?

Thank you
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007 you can get to them via either
Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=General=[Web Options]
or
Office Button=Save=Save As=[Tools]=[Web Options]

===========
"AWIcurrent" wrote in message ...
Your solution looks good for Word 2003 but I could not find where the tools
are in Word 2007.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AWIcurrent AWIcurrent is offline

That does it, thank you. Now starts the testing to see if it solves some
problems in email rendering of Word htm files.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

In Word 2007 you can get to them via either
Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=General=[Web Options]
or
Office Button=Save=Save As=[Tools]=[Web Options]

===========
"AWIcurrent" wrote in message ...
Your solution looks good for Word 2003 but I could not find where the tools
are in Word 2007.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Word 2007 adding span when save as HTML filtered DJ[_2_] Page Layout 4 June 7th 08 02:47 AM
Save as html Nici New Users 6 March 6th 08 05:57 PM
Save As HTML - where is option to save pictures to GIF od JPG format? Zdenek Mares Microsoft Word Help 2 December 6th 05 02:18 PM
Word 2003 - Save AS .HTML format does not save to one file Pamhall Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 05 04:54 PM
how do I do batch for converting word to filtered html document batch to convert word to filtered html Tables 1 November 12th 04 03:42 PM