Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default Missing newest version of .doc file

One night last week I worked for quite some time on a French composition for
school, and finished it. I normally save regularly while working by pushing
ctrl + S. Upon finishing, I emailed the file to my boyfriend so he could
print it out for me, and closed everything.

I just tried to open the file and found it to be a very old version, before
any of the work I'd done last week. I've searched for it in Windows Explorer,
it's not in my recycle bin, I've opened too many files to find it in My
Recent Documents. I even tried Open + Repair to see if something would
magically pop up. And then I thought of the email I sent, so I downloaded the
attachment and it, too, is the old version. I KNOW I did the work and I'm 99%
sure I saved it, but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere and am more
or less about to slit my wrists. Does anyone have ANY ideas as to what might
have happened or if there's any way to recover the most recent version? (I
don't use File Versions, and am not referring to that when I say "version")