sally

Default unable to open word document on web page

I put a word document on a web page, but people can't open it. They have to
save it. Since this document is a manual and very long, it is a pain that
people can't open it.
It said that the document is corrupted or...
Any idea what happened?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Perhaps if you provided a URL, we could take a long at it and offer
suggestions.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sally" wrote in message
I put a word document on a web page, but people can't open it. They have to
save it. Since this document is a manual and very long, it is a pain that
people can't open it.
It said that the document is corrupted or...
Any idea what happened?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

There's something "funky" with that Word file. Which version of Word are you
using? Does the file contain anything special (other than text and a few
graphics)?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sally" wrote in message
I put a word document on a web page, but people can't open it. They have
save it. Since this document is a manual and very long, it is a pain
that
people can't open it.
It said that the document is corrupted or...
Any idea what happened?

sally

Hi,
I did uncheck smart tags and saved. After that, I tried to open that link
and it still would not open.