Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel

Default wrong result when using sum() toghether with tracking changes

In word table I use fields Formula to sum the values in the column.
When the track changes is actived, any change in column cells shows both
values (the new and old). waiting until the is accepted or rejected
In This scenario a field update in the last cell in the column with the
=sum() Formula show a wrong result.
The cells with changes shows the new number and old number.
The sum() function takes the entire digits of both number to calculate the
reult.
How the right result can be shown as a change tracked and not the wrong
result?
I am using a word 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Daniel,

There is no reliable way to do this without using a macro to do the
calculation, assessing whether each value has been deleted via Track
Changes.

Cheers

"Daniel" wrote in message
In word table I use fields Formula to sum the values in the column.
When the track changes is actived, any change in column cells shows both
values (the new and old). waiting until the is accepted or rejected
In This scenario a field update in the last cell in the column with the
=sum() Formula show a wrong result.
The cells with changes shows the new number and old number.
The sum() function takes the entire digits of both number to calculate the
reult.
How the right result can be shown as a change tracked and not the wrong
result?
I am using a word 2000.

Word Field Formatting Victor Lazlo Mailmerge 2 July 28th 05 10:15 AM
CardText Field Switch JoyceA Mailmerge 2 June 18th 05 11:05 AM
Method for displaying dollar amount as written on bank check samandmonty Microsoft Word Help 5 May 11th 05 10:54 PM
How do I turn dollar amounts into words? Theresa Wright New Users 5 January 25th 05 11:28 AM
Garbage at end of document Lexisch Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 09:35 PM