Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fireyleolion fireyleolion is offline

Default How do I make markup changes disappear forever?

I am working with a document that has lots of changes highlighted in markup.
I now want to send it to another person without the markup changes appearing
when they open the document. When I simply change it to show final markup
and save the document and then send it to another person it still shows the
markup when the other person opens the document. How do I make the markup
changes disappear forever so that the other person doesn't see the edits?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah_Lecturer Sarah_Lecturer is offline

See How to remove tracked changes at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...l#AcceptReject
but basically you have to accept or reject all tracked changes and delete all
comments. Under Tools Options and Security ticking "Warn before printing,
saving or sending a file that contains tracked changes" should remind you to
accept/reject or delete as necessary in the future!

Hope this helps

Sarah xx

"fireyleolion" wrote:

I am working with a document that has lots of changes highlighted in markup.
I now want to send it to another person without the markup changes appearing
when they open the document. When I simply change it to show final markup
and save the document and then send it to another person it still shows the
markup when the other person opens the document. How do I make the markup
changes disappear forever so that the other person doesn't see the edits?

Printing redline with comments but not markup list J.M.D. Microsoft Word Help 3 May 11th 06 02:54 AM
Table appears when I open in Word. How do I make it disappear? FMcG Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 05 09:33 PM
Word 2003 - Markup Crispy New Users 3 August 10th 05 04:34 PM
How to make the full page of graphic to a fix position. gc Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 03:29 PM
markup TopofBest Microsoft Word Help 1 December 23rd 04 12:55 AM