Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Playa Playa is offline

Default Question on inserting page numbers in footer

I want to include page numbers in the footer of my word doc. However, I want
the numbering to start at 1 but want to start numbering at page 3 because the
first two pages are teh title page and T.O.C. Does anyone know how to do
this? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

You will need to use Section Breaks. See:
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Playa" wrote:

I want to include page numbers in the footer of my word doc. However, I want
the numbering to start at 1 but want to start numbering at page 3 because the
first two pages are teh title page and T.O.C. Does anyone know how to do
this? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Click on view- on the floating menue click on formatting page numbers and you
will see start numering from... enter the page number where you want to start
nummbering.
--
Who Cares Who Dares Who Wins