Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
andi andi is offline

Default envelopes not printing properly

I have created a custom page size which is the size of my envelope (6.5W X
4.75 H). It is set to print portrait. My printer orientation settings are
mirror this and will print items as small as 5 X 3. Page margins are set to
0.5 all around (again, within printer margins. I keep getting the following
error message : "settings you chose for left and right margins, column
spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some
sections". Tabs are all cleared. Column spacing is one column per page, no
paragraph indents are set. HELP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Many printer drivers are unhappy with custom page sizes and Word simply
adapts to the closest. You need to set the next larger pre-defined envelope
size and make up the difference with margins.

andi wrote:
I have created a custom page size which is the size of my envelope
(6.5W X
4.75 H). It is set to print portrait. My printer orientation
settings are mirror this and will print items as small as 5 X 3.
Page margins are set to
0.5 all around (again, within printer margins. I keep getting the
following error message : "settings you chose for left and right
margins, column spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the
page width in some sections". Tabs are all cleared. Column spacing
is one column per page, no paragraph indents are set. HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
andi andi is offline

Yes, I found I could get it to print on my HP but not on my CAnon printer.
Frustrating because the Canon prints better and faster. Thanks for your help.