John

Default Changing default Datasource location

Is it possible to change the default setting for the datasource when you
click 'Open Data Source' on the Mail merge tool bar from 'My Data Sources' to
another folder location?

Many thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Sm9obg==?=,

Is it possible to change the default setting for the datasource when you
click 'Open Data Source' on the Mail merge tool bar from 'My Data Sources' to
another folder location?

No, unfortunately, it's not.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Graham Mayor

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
Hi ?B?Sm9obg==?=,

Is it possible to change the default setting for the datasource when
you click 'Open Data Source' on the Mail merge tool bar from 'My
Data Sources' to another folder location?

No, unfortunately, it's not.

Actually you can change it to any other first level sub folder of My
Documents by editing the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\DataServices
I normally have mine set to a sub folder called 'Test'.

John

Thanks Graham,

Unfortunately our data sources are kept centrally on our Server. I have
managed to edit the registry to default to the top of a mapped network drive
(ie by editing the string in the value data field to X:\Databases) but it
won't accept a path to a subfolder. (ie X:\Databases\Datasources). Although
in any case my prefered path would be:

\\Server\workfiles\DATABASES\Datasources

But this doesn't work at all, with or without subfolders.

Any thoughts?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Hi ?B?Sm9obg==?=,