Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sondra Sondra is offline

Default How to print barcodes NOT on labels or envelopes?

Printing barcodes works with labels and envelopes, but how can I print a
barcode when I'm in a regular document, or when using a template for labels?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use the Insert Field dialog to insert a BARCODE field. If you type
"barcode" into the Help search, you'll find a topic that describes
what needs to go into the field code.

The BARCODE field can produce only US PostNet barcodes, not any of the
other kinds such as Code 39 (also called 3of9) or UPC/EAN. And the
PostNet codes generated by Word are no longer accepted by the USPS for
bulk rate reduction (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=897290), so
they're pretty well useless.

For information about fonts and other considerations for the other
barcode types, see http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:04:01 -0700, sondra
wrote:

Printing barcodes works with labels and envelopes, but how can I print a
barcode when I'm in a regular document, or when using a template for labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sondra Sondra is offline

Thank you Jay. When I go to InsertFieldBarcodes, I don't know how to fill
in the blanks, so get error messages. This is a start, but a little more
help is needed. Thanks

"sondra" wrote:

Printing barcodes works with labels and envelopes, but how can I print a
barcode when I'm in a regular document, or when using a template for labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...q2.htm#BarCode. This
tip discusses mail merge letters, but the same principle can be applied to
ordinary letters; just copy the bar code from an envelope or label to the
letter.