HELP - Connecting to ADODB Datasource for a MaiMerge

Old June 21st 05, 06:45 PM
Nick

Default HELP - Connecting to ADODB Datasource for a MaiMerge

Hello,

I am trying to make a connection to a datasource that is an ADODB
Recordset in VB 6. I have been trying with no success. I have found
half answers on how to connect to .txt and .xls. datasources but nothing
on a recordset.
I have an ADODB Recordset that is created from a query executed from a
user. I need to take that query result and then mail merge it with a
word document.

Does anyone know how to do this to help me out? Is this even possible?

Thanks

Nick
Old June 21st 05, 07:02 PM
Peter Jamieson

No, you can't merge directly from an ADO recordset - you have to save the
data to some sort of disk file in a format Word can work with.

Peter Jamieson

Old June 21st 05, 09:06 PM
Peter Jamieson

Should do, and it has the virtue of simplicity, but I would check with real
data, especially if you have multiline data or data with commas, double
quotes etc. Word sometimes has difficulty recognising the delimiters and
there's no way to specify them in code. If you're already familiar with
coding with ADO it might be worth using ADOX to create a .mdb and table and
ADO to populate it.

Peter Jamieson