Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KAdvantage KAdvantage is offline

Default Ability to Use Word Mail Merge to Email Multiple Recipients

This has likely been suggested numerous times but I would like to add my to
emphasize the importance of this function.

One serious functionality that is lacking from Word mail merge is the
ability to send a record in a merged document by email to multiple email
addresses.

For example, it is very important to be able to send out an identical email
to a client that has multiple email addresses.

There are, I believe, some macros that can circumvent this issue. However,
Word mail merge is one of the primary bulk email tools of Microsoft Dynamics
CRM, and the use of macros in that environment is not feasible. Therefore,
this functionality is particularly important for Microsoft Dynamics CRM users
who rely on Word mail merge as their primary bulk email method.

Ideally, it would be possible to include multiple email addresses, separated
by semi-colons, in the email field used by Word mail merge to send out
emails. If there is only one email address, only one email is sent out for
that record. If there are multiple email addresses, multiple identical emails
are sent out for that record.

Sincerely,
Kyle

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It would be quite feasible to develop an add-in that provided this
functionality "seamlessly" to the user.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KAdvantage" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marc[_4_] Marc[_4_] is offline

While I think that it is not horribly difficult to write a script to do this,
I still can't believe that it isn't a default feature. Honestly, isn't the
fact that it is easy to add also an argument for making it a standard feature?

In addition, Why can't I use a semicolon separated email column to send out
to multiple recipients? It is literally a joke that this does not work. I
consistently have to work around simple to anticipate problems that are
trivial to implement. This is an indication of poorly written software.

That being said, let this be another formal request to add this feature into
word mail merge.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This is not the place to make such requests. They should be sent to

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then