Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default Add Signature Tiff doc to 50 Word docs in same place

I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is not a job for mail merge, but if the documents are all similar in
layout, the graphic is the correct size and will be inserted in the same
place in each document, it should be possible to achieve that with a batch
process using vba. Where *exactly* do you want the graphic to be placed.

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

I want it placed centered horizontally and centered vertically between two
lines. Let's say the first line is
for your successful achievement.

and the second line is
Manager of Project X

Thanks!
--
Janet A.

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the 50 documents were created originally by mail merge, it would be
simpler to modify the mail merge main document by adding the signature to it
and then re-execute the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While I agree with Doug that re-merging would be the better option - if
applicable, the following macro will do as you asked. Define the path to
your signature file at sSig =
Put (COPIES OF) the documents in a new folder and run the macro. Select that
new folder at the prompt.

Sub AddSig()
Dim strFileName As String
Dim strPath As String
Dim oDoc As Document
Dim sFind As String
Dim sSig As String
Dim fDialog As FileDialog

Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
sFind = "for your successful achievement.^pManager of Project X"
sSig = "D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Signature.tif"

With fDialog
.Title = "Select Folder containing the documents to be modified and
click OK"
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
If .Show -1 Then
MsgBox "Cancelled By User"
Exit Sub
End If
strPath = fDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1)
If Right(strPath, 1) "\" Then strPath = strPath + "\"
End With

If Documents.Count 0 Then
Documents.Close SaveChanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges
End If

strFileName = Dir$(strPath & "*.doc")
While Len(strFileName) 0
Set oDoc = Documents.Open(strPath & strFileName)
With Selection
With .Find
.ClearFormatting
.Text = sFind
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Execute
End With
.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.HomeKey Unit:=wdLine
.InlineShapes.AddPicture FileName:=sSig, _
LinkToFile:=False, _
SaveWithDocument:=True
.TypeParagraph
End With
oDoc.Close SaveChanges:=wdSaveChanges
Set oDoc = Nothing
GetNextDoc:
strFileName = Dir$()
Wend
End Sub

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Oh WOW!! I can't wait to test it out. Something like this was what I was
hoping for. Thanks!
--
Janet A.

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Graham,
I am sorry to admit it but I read all thru your website link at the
bottom of your most kind post, and I don't know in which document to save the
macro or if it even would be saved into a document?
I am a beginner VBAer. On another note, where or what is a good course
to go to learn VBA? So I have two questions: where to plug the macro is the
other.
Thanks!!
--
Janet A.

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you look at the http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm link at the
bottom of Graham;s message?

To learn more about VBA take a look at the article "Getting To Grips With
VBA Basics In 15 Minutes" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...csIn15Mins.htm

and at other things on pages on that site and at the pages that are linked
from that site.

--

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
I have 50 word documents that I want to add the same signature to.
Can this be done via Mail Merge? How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Save the macro in the normal template -
Note that the search string
"for your successful achievement.^pManager of Project X"
is a literal string. It must be the *exact* string in your documents (^p is
a paragraph ending) in order for the macro to find it.