Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Old May 7th 15, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected]

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 1:41:46 AM UTC-7, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi,

[Word 2010, Windows 7]
I am having this issue with the reddish cell shading of the Austere footer
that I am using.
I have to open a new document, place the footer there, cut it, paste it
into my document (If I just place it in my document, I lose the red cell
completely).
I save it. The next day I open the file, and poof, the red cell shading is
gone.

please, can you send me the document?
If it seems to be a bug, I can send a report to Microsoft. If it is *not* a
bug, maybe I find the cause and a solution.

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Lisa - Is there any way I can send you my document? The default formatting is lost now when I open Word 2010. The margins have changed, the font has changed, the letters run off the page, it looks like the orientation has changed, but hasn't when you print it. The cursor falls about 1/4 down the page, etc. HELP! Thanks!!
Old May 16th 15, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_]

Hi,

Lisa - Is there any way I can send you my document? The default
formatting is lost now when I open Word 2010.
The margins have changed, the font has changed, the letters run off the
page, it looks like the orientation has changed, but hasn't when you print
it. The cursor falls about 1/4 down the page, etc.

My e-mail address can be found in the World Wide Web easily:

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Old August 11th 15, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 6:51:28 AM UTC-7, Connie Maldonado wrote:
I am successfully making changes to a style in Word 2010. When I reopen the document (after saving and closing), the changes are no longer there. Any suggestions?

When I saved a document using APA format. I closed it and reopened. It was not APA format. HELP!

Old December 29th 15, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected]

This worked! Thanks Stefan!

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 1:47:58 PM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
If styles change when you (re-)open a document, you need to do the
following: In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, clear the option to
"Automatically update document styles."

To display the dialog box: First display the Developer tab on the ribbon by
selecting it at File tab | Options | Customize Ribbon. Then, on the
Developer tab, click Document Template. (These instructions apply to Word
2010 and 2013.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 11th 16, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 9:51:28 AM UTC-4, Connie Maldonado wrote:
I am successfully making changes to a style in Word 2010. When I reopen the document (after saving and closing), the changes are no longer there. Any suggestions?

I had this problem years ago. I had to save the document for each change I made. For instance, if I changed the wording in a sentence from "This is it" to "That is it," I would hit the Save button, close the document, then reopen it.
Old February 26th 19, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected]

Can anyone help me with a similar problem? In Word 2010, I have columns, and everytime I close the file and re-open, my columns have shifted. I correct them, save, and close the file. When I reopen the file, it didn't save. I checked for the "Automated Updates" box and that is not checked. I don't see "No styles", but I did see clear styles and set it to that but still the same thing. I have been dealing with this nightmare for years on my business brochures. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Or even suggest another program I could use for future.