Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kim

Default update all labels doesn't

I started having a problem yesterday merging labels from Excel. Having done
this a lot, I'm afraid I will need to reinstall Office due to a corrupted
file, but just in case any of you have experienced this problem, I'm open to
faster solution.

No matter what kind of file I'm merging from (Excel, Access, Word), when I
click update all labels, only the top and bottom rows of the page of labels
is updated. Every other label is blank. Next record appears in all cells
except the first, with the address replicated in the top and bottom rows. I
have tried repairing and reinstalling Word and even defragging my hard drive,
but would prefer not to have to re-install Office, especially if that doesn't
correct it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2lt?=,

Are you using a Tablet PC (Tablet version of Windows XP) by any chance? This
functionality is broken for that OS.

I started having a problem yesterday merging labels from Excel. Having done
this a lot, I'm afraid I will need to reinstall Office due to a corrupted
file, but just in case any of you have experienced this problem, I'm open to
faster solution.

No matter what kind of file I'm merging from (Excel, Access, Word), when I
click update all labels, only the top and bottom rows of the page of labels
is updated. Every other label is blank. Next record appears in all cells
except the first, with the address replicated in the top and bottom rows. I
have tried repairing and reinstalling Word and even defragging my hard drive,
but would prefer not to have to re-install Office, especially if that doesn't
correct it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kim

Yes, I certainly am using a tablet Thanks for the info on that. At least now
I don't have to worry about re-installing Office and not have that work. I
wonder if there will be a fix for this?

Kim

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898630

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Wilson Jim Wilson is offline

This article seems to apply to Tablet PCs. I have this same problem on a
Fujitsu convertible tablet when i am using it in notebook mode (with the
keyboard), and this workaround doesn't seem to apply. Any other suggestions
would be appreciated.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See:

[...]