Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
va_user

Default How do I put different page numbers in a header and footer?

I have inserted page numbers into the footer of a document (Document 1).
Document 1 will become part of another document (Document 2) which has its
own numbering scheme in the header. I want to know if there is a way to
insert page numbers in the header of Document 2 that are completely different
from those in the footer of Document 1. I want to keep the original page
numbers in Document 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
for general principles. Just think of Document 1 as the front
matter, and Document 2 as the main document.

va_user wrote:

I have inserted page numbers into the footer of a document (Document 1).
Document 1 will become part of another document (Document 2) which has its
own numbering scheme in the header. I want to know if there is a way to
insert page numbers in the header of Document 2 that are completely different
from those in the footer of Document 1. I want to keep the original page
numbers in Document 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: