Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments

Old October 4th 06, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Warren

Default Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

I read this and not being a computer wiz I did my best. All I get is the
Drive:\Path\Filename of each thing I wanted attached just written out in the
e-mail. How can I get the attachments to attach? I am using Word 2003 for my
editor, Outlook 2003 for e-mail and Excel 2003 for my data. I am sending the
same attachments to the whole list. Please help.

Warren

Old October 4th 06, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It's very hard to tell from your description just what it is that you have
done wrong.

You need to read the article very carefully and follow the instructions to
the letter to get it to work correctly. If there is some part of the
instructions that you do not understand, post back here with a question.

Otherwise, post back here with a very detailed account of exactly what you
have done.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old October 4th 06, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Warren

The Setup is where I think I messed up. What is a separate Catalogue or
Directory? Do I insert a table?
I found the visual basic editor and clicked on Outlook. I got to Setup and
I have a document with the place to insert the name. I also have an Excel
spreadsheet with a list of names and e-mail addresses. I also have a group of
documents to attach to each e-mail. I also Drive:\Path\Filename of each
document. I tried adding attachment info in the Word document and in a table
in the document. When the e-mail arrives it has the file path written out but
no attachments. I then went in and put the Macro information in exactly as it
was in the article.
If I did not explain it correctly let me know.

Old October 5th 06, 04:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You need to mail merge main documents. One will be a formletter type
document that will become the text of the email message. The other is a
Catalog, or in Word XP and later it is called a Directory type mailmerge
main document. There is a fair bit of information and examples of the way
in which that second mail merge main document needs to be set up.

I suggest that you have raced through the process without following the
steps exactly as they are written which will be necessary to achieve the
desired result. There are no shortcuts.