Michael Vardinghus

Default Replacement / Fields

Can't I use the replacement object to insert a field code instead of text ?

Want' to find a specific phrase and then replace this with a document
variable.

Know how to replace text and know how to insert a field using vba - but I
don't know how to combine these too

/Michael V.

Peter Jamieson

As far as I know the only way to do this is to copy the field(s) you want
tot he clipboard and specify ^c as the replacement text. There is no way to
"encode" a field in the replacement text using e.g. ^19 and ^21 for the
start and end field braces.

Peter Jamieson

?

Want' to find a specific phrase and then replace this with a document
variable.

Know how to replace text and know how to insert a field using vba - but I
don't know how to combine these too

/Michael V.

Michael Vardinghus

Sorry for the double post and thanx for the answer

In the mean time I found a link on the internet confirming your conclusion.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to put something into the clipboard
automatically....