Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Suppressing a Watermark

I've got 2 pages laid out in book-fold (page on left, page on right).
I want to add a watermark to *only* the first page. But watermarks
seem to only apply to the whole document, and I can't get a watermark
to appear just on the first page. Now, I know about section breaks and
how to apply different headers and footers on different pages, but I
can't do this with a watermark. There's gotta be a way to do this -
anyone know how? Thanks!

Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Joel,

Use File|Page Setup|Layout and check the 'different first page' option.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got 2 pages laid out in book-fold (page on left, page on right).
I want to add a watermark to *only* the first page. But watermarks
seem to only apply to the whole document, and I can't get a watermark
to appear just on the first page. Now, I know about section breaks and
how to apply different headers and footers on different pages, but I
can't do this with a watermark. There's gotta be a way to do this -
anyone know how? Thanks!

Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi,

I tried this, but it didn't work - the 'different first page' option is
in a section titled 'headers and footers', and applies to only headers
and footers, but not a watermark.

Joel

macropod wrote:
Hi Joel,

Use File|Page Setup|Layout and check the 'different first page' option.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got 2 pages laid out in book-fold (page on left, page on right).
I want to add a watermark to *only* the first page. But watermarks
seem to only apply to the whole document, and I can't get a watermark
to appear just on the first page. Now, I know about section breaks and
how to apply different headers and footers on different pages, but I
can't do this with a watermark. There's gotta be a way to do this -
anyone know how? Thanks!

Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Joel,

Try putting the watermark into the header/footer on the first page.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

ps.com...

macropod wrote:
Hi Joel,

Use File|Page Setup|Layout and check the 'different first page' option.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got 2 pages laid out in book-fold (page on left, page on right).
I want to add a watermark to *only* the first page. But watermarks
seem to only apply to the whole document, and I can't get a watermark
to appear just on the first page. Now, I know about section breaks

and
how to apply different headers and footers on different pages, but I
can't do this with a watermark. There's gotta be a way to do this -
anyone know how? Thanks!

Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

A watermark is just a graphic anchored to the header and sent behind the
text. To have a watermark on just the first page, you have to check the
"Different first page" box on the Layout tab of Page Setup. If you have
already inserted your watermark, it will be anchored to the Header and may
or may not appear in the First Page Header. In either case, View | Header
and Footer, select the watermark, Cut the watermark from the Header, then
(if necessary) Paste into the First Page Header.

Alternatively, you can create the watermark manually in the Front Page
Header (see "HOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in Microsoft Word
2000"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324).

oups.com...