Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karen B

Default Creating lists as I did in Word 97

Hi.

This is a long one. I am a new user to MS Word 2003 Student and Teacher
Edition, having up to now used Word 97. I am working in a weird document
that I have used for 5 years in 97, but can't make it work the same way in
2003. This document was created in 97 in the normal template and is a form
doctors fill out. There are 19 questions, all numbered, and in questions 1
and 18, there are indented numbered lists underneath their answers. In the
list under question 1, I only need to have them numbered from 1 and up and
bolded. No problem in 2003. In the list under question 18, I need to have
them numbered 1 and up, the first sentence after each number bolded and the
subsequent sentences in that number not bolded. In 97, I would space over
about 6 spaces, apply bold, type the number and a period, space over 2 more,
type the first sentence in bold and after the period, take off the bold and
continue unbolded. When I would hit the enter key, the next line would be
numbered as "2" and formatted exactly the same way as the previous number.
As soon as I would place a period at the end of the first sentence, the bold
came off and I would continue typing unbolded until I hit enter and went to
the following number. In 2003, when I hit the enter key, the number and
first sentence are bolded, but when I hit the period key, the bold stays on,
requiring me to manually unbold before I continue typing. I have tried
everything and am at my wits' end. Any clues? Or am I out of luck?

Karen