Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
monicals monicals is offline

Default page numbering help- Word 2007

I want to make page number 11 be the first page number visible in my
document. How can I hide or delete the first 10 page numbers?

Also, is there a way to delete only selected page numbers throughout a
document- Chapter headings, etc.?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi monicals,

There are various ways to approach the suppression of the 1st 10 page #s. For example:
.. use a next page Section break at the end of page 10, then unlink the new Section's header or footer containing the page # from the
previous one and delete the page # field from the previous Section(s); or
.. use a formula field coded as {IF{PAGE} 10 {PAGE}}, where the field braces (ie '{}') are created in pairs via Ctrl-F9.

To hide the page #s on the Chapter title pages, Section breaks provide the simplest solution - simply insert a next page Section
break before & after each Chapter title page, unlink each Section's header or footer containing the page # from the previous one,
then delete the page # field on the title page.

--
Cheers
macropod