Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default Macros have been disabled - No Macros

A document I was working on, which was stored on SharePoint, crashed. Word
recovered it and I was able to save it back to its proper SharePoint site.
But now, each time I open it Im presented with the following:
Security Warning Macros have been disabled Options

I dont use macros (knowingly) and Ive looked but cannot find any macros
that may have inadvertently been added.
How can I stop this message? I dont want simply to disable the message or
change security settings, but want to remove the macro thats causing the
problem.

Other settings:
Message Bar Show the message bar in all applications when content has been
blocked
Macro Settings Disable all macros with notification

Im running Word 2007 (Office 2007 Enterprise) and using SharePoint 2003.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 14 jan, 17:04, Hugh wrote:
[...]

In Word 2007, documents without a macro are normally saved with the
docx extension while those with macros are saved with the docm
extension. Even if there are no macros in your document, a file with a
docm extension will still be seen a document with macros. So you might
want to check if your document has the correct extension. Saving it as
a docx (which does not support macros) might solve your problem.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hugh Hugh is offline

Thanks, for the info, Yves. That's cured it, in a round-about way.

I should've mentioned that althogh I'm using Word 2007, I've been saving
this document in .doc format for compatibility with some who are still on
2003.

I had to save the doc as docx locally, then back to doc before uploading it
back to the SharePoint site

Macros Disabled Bill Martin New Users 12 April 7th 06 07:34 PM
macros is disabled Possum Pals Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 05 02:36 AM
With macros enabled I still receive "macros disabled" warning. Blakthorne Microsoft Word Help 6 November 1st 05 07:20 PM
Macros disabled Brenda Microsoft Word Help 2 May 19th 05 08:52 PM
Macros disabled Visio 2003 Microsoft Word Help 6 April 26th 05 05:53 AM