Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dubster Dubster is offline

Default text is printing too small

Hi guys

Having no joy trying to solve this problem, was hoping one of you might have
an idea ?

Ive written a letter in Word 2007. I press print, my printer brings up the
print preview window, all looks ok and I print - no problem, when the quality
is set to draft.

However, when I change the quality drop down to Normal, the print preview
window shows the whole letter squashed into the top left of the page in what
looks like ab absolutely miniscule font !? If I print, thats how it comes out
too.

If I save the document as a word 97 document, open it up in word pad, it
prints ok in both normal and draft, indicating it must be Word 2007 at fault.

Any ideas ?

Thanks yall !

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?RHVic3Rlcg==?=,

Most likely, this is a problem with the printer driver. It may be it's not up to
handling Word 2007. It's not uncommon to have to update printer and graphcis
card drivers when a new version of Word comes out. Whether your printer's
manufacturer will have an updated driver already...

Ive written a letter in Word 2007. I press print, my printer brings up the
print preview window, all looks ok and I print - no problem, when the quality
is set to draft.

However, when I change the quality drop down to Normal, the print preview
window shows the whole letter squashed into the top left of the page in what
looks like ab absolutely miniscule font !? If I print, thats how it comes out
too.

If I save the document as a word 97 document, open it up in word pad, it
prints ok in both normal and draft, indicating it must be Word 2007 at fault.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)