Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
egosselin egosselin is offline

Default I have no idea how to undo how my microsoft word is set

I have Microsoft Office Word 2003
I accidently clicked on something, dont know what, but now the paragraph
symbol shows up every time I hit enter to start a new line. Also when I hit
the space bar a dot shows up. Its even on documents that I typed up before
the mistake.
Please tell me how to get rid of it so I can type out documents normally.
Its been like this for months now. Thankyou for your time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Those characters don't print and some of us can't work without them.

Try clicking on the ¶ button on your toolbar. (I would recommend that you
learn how to take advantage of those funny symbols instead of just turning
them off.)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"egosselin" wrote in message
news
I have Microsoft Office Word 2003
I accidently clicked on something, dont know what, but now the paragraph
symbol shows up every time I hit enter to start a new line. Also when I
hit
the space bar a dot shows up. Its even on documents that I typed up before
the mistake.
Please tell me how to get rid of it so I can type out documents normally.
Its been like this for months now. Thankyou for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Egosselin,

On the standard toolbar there is a button with a "¶" on it.

Clicking this will toggle the display of non-printing characters on/off.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"egosselin" wrote in message
news
I have Microsoft Office Word 2003
I accidently clicked on something, dont know what, but now the paragraph
symbol shows up every time I hit enter to start a new line. Also when I hit
the space bar a dot shows up. Its even on documents that I typed up before
the mistake.
Please tell me how to get rid of it so I can type out documents normally.
Its been like this for months now. Thankyou for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

JoAnn Paules wrote:
(I would recommend that you learn how to take advantage of those funny
symbols instead of just turning them off.)

If you want to learn how, see here for an explanation of how nonprinting
characters can be extremely useful:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm