SusieMc

Default Set language for just one document (US instead of Australian)

I'm trying to write an assignment for a US Seminary and need the document in
Word 2000 to be spell-checked in English (US) instead of English (Australian)
where I'm located. Can I set just this document's language to US? What is
happening is that it changes the spell check for just the one word it finds
mispelled (i.e. center for centre). I want to not only spell-check the doc
but also know that I have it correct for US English, rather than for the
Australian English. Can anyone help?

Opinicus

"SusieMc" wrote

I'm trying to write an assignment for a US Seminary and
need the document in
Word 2000 to be spell-checked in English (US) instead of
English (Australian)
where I'm located. Can I set just this document's language
to US? What is

(Sorry I accidentally clicked on "Send" while checking the
procedure out in Word.)

Go to the beginning of the document. Type control-A to
define the whole document.

Then click on:
Tools
Language
Set language

Scroll down to English (US)

Uncheck
[] Do not check spelling or grammar
[] Detect language automatically

Click on OK.

DO NOT CLICK ON "Default".

This will *usually* work. Some Word docs have the language
"hard-wired" into them however and in such cases, the
procedure may not be effective.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Stefan Blom

Please see http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Section of Word Document is missing SKS Formatting Long Documents 0 February 28th 05 04:43 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 05:59 AM
How do I translate a document typed in one language into another . Bacilio Microsoft Word Help 2 February 18th 05 09:02 PM
Language auto-detect stuck on US English BostonJohn Microsoft Word Help 2 December 6th 04 09:54 PM