Brian

Default Why when i print an envelope does it not print in black

When I print an envelope the ink is not black it comes out colored. This
does not happen when I print the letter.

We've seen reports from users that some printers use composite black (made
up of colors in the color ink cartridge) instead of the black ink cartridge
for envelopes, so this problem can be caused by being low on one or more
colors in the color ink cartridge. Sometimes changing the font color setting
from Auto to Black will help, but not always.