Georgea

Default table breaking on next page

I have and complex table in word that is preceded by a heading (not part of the
table) "Schedule "A" - Parties Responsibilities". No matter what I do the
table is forced onto the subsequent page leaving the heading alone on the
preceding page. Suggestions?

Georgea

Dear Suzanne,

I had no idea that the keep with next function applied to tables also.
Thanks ever so much!!

"Georgea" wrote in message

I have and complex table in word that is preceded by a heading (not part

of the
table) "Schedule "A" - Parties Responsibilities". No matter what I do the
table is forced onto the subsequent page leaving the heading alone on the
preceding page. Suggestions?

The "Line and Page Breaks" commands work differently in tables. "Keep with
next" is effective only to keep a row (or part of it) with the following
row. If you permit a row to break (by checking "Allow rows to break across
pages"), then neither "Widow/orphan control" or "Keep lines together" has
any effect on paragraphs within a cell, nor does "Keep with next" affect
multiple paragraphs in a cell; Word will break the row anywhere it likes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like the table rows are all formatted as "Keep with next" (and

the
table title isn't).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Georgea" wrote in message

I have and complex table in word that is preceded by a heading (not

part
of the
table) "Schedule "A" - Parties Responsibilities". No matter what I do

the
table is forced onto the subsequent page leaving the heading alone on

the
preceding page. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darrin

This doesn't seem to work for me. I am highlighting the entire table and
clearing the "Allow row to break across pages". Am I missing something?
--
Thanks,
Darrin