Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gdonald20

Default Mail merge doesn't reflect data source changes

Hi

I have a word 2002 mail merge letter, for which the data source is a csv
text file.

The data source is populated by the click of a button in a access database.

Everytime you click the button the text file updates properly but the mail
merge document doesn't, it appears to be stuck on the first file that it ran.

Can anyone help me i really don't understand it.

Thanks

Gillian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Changes to the data file would have to be saved before they are reflected in
a merge. Simply adding them is not sufficient.

gdonald20 wrote:
Hi

I have a word 2002 mail merge letter, for which the data source is a
csv text file.

The data source is populated by the click of a button in a access
database.

Everytime you click the button the text file updates properly but the
mail merge document doesn't, it appears to be stuck on the first file
that it ran.

Can anyone help me i really don't understand it.

Thanks

Gillian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gdonald20

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The changes to the data file are saved yet the word
document only shows the correct data if you double click on the word file and
open it.

When you use the button in access to invoke word and the merge letter it
uses data that isn't even in the data file. It's almost like it's stuck on
the first data it ever had.

Gillian